Saturday, March 3, 2007

Sultana Scones

I can’t remember what we were watching on tv recently, but we saw someone eating scones and Wee G bemoaned the fact that he had not eaten scones in ages. So I set about finding a recipe. Unfortunately I didn’t think to look at Vegan With A Vengeance like Brooke did when making her lovely scones the other day. I found a recipe here and changed it slightly to use oil instead of margarine and I also used half whole-wheat pastry flour. They came out nice, but I would have liked them a little lighter. With enough jam slathered on they were pretty decent! These should be served with a wee cup of tea for best results :)

6 comments:

bazu said...

Mmmmm scones. I haven't had any in ages either. Could you make me some? Just kidding! I've been eyeing the recipe from VwaV and also the one from my detox book for a long time- I should just get on it, already!

lucy said...

years since I've had scones - they look really good. Weve just been Smaking the samosas from V with a V :)

lucy said...

oops that should have been 'making'!

scottishvegan said...

Bazu, I'll make you some if you pop round and collect them...it shouldn't take you long! That sounds like a good detox book if it has scones in it!!

Lucy, I hope your samosas turned out well!

Emmy said...

The scones look great. I've had a hankering for scones and this isn't helping. LOL :)

Sheree' said...

I love scones! I made the mini scones from Jen's book Vegan lunch box a couple weeks ago. We all enjoyed them. Yours looks so yummy with the jam oozing out of them. I just bought some organic blueberry jam. Can you imagine blueberry scones and blueberry jam? Yum-O