Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Veggie Cashew Soup and Clementine Juice

I recently borrowed Breaking The Food Seduction and Eat To Live from my local library as I had heard good things about both books online. I’m not actually following either programme but since reading Breaking The Food Seduction two weeks ago I haven’t eaten any chocolate which is pretty amazing for me as I usually eat some every day. What’s more I’m not missing it…

Anyway, this soup is from Eat To Live. It’s call Dr Fuhrman’s Famous Anti-Cancer Soup. It’s made from split peas, onions, leeks and zucchini combined with carrot and celery juice with cashew nuts blended in. I don’t have a juicer so I just threw the carrots and celery in the soup without juicing them. I really liked it…it was creamy and delicately flavoured and a lovely colour! What I didn’t like about it is the name…so I’m just going to call it Veggie Cashew Soup. You can find the recipe here. I’ve bought these boxes of Cuties several times from Trader Joe’s and they are usually really good, but this box I bought weren't as great as usual and neither of us were eating them. So, I decided to juice them. As I mentioned above I don’t have a juicer so I threw them in the blender and then strained them. Unfortunately the handle on my sieve broke in the middle of it all, but the juice was sweet and smooth and strangley much better than the fruit as a whole! Yum!

7 comments:

bazu said...

Yum- fresh clementine juice is like a luxury! I'm sorry about the broken handle! Oh, and I much prefer your name for the soup, too.

vko said...

That soup sounds great- I want to make it! And fresh clementine juice- how delectable and refreshing- I love the color and clementine is just such a great name for a lovely little fruit.

KleoPatra said...

Oh the sieve! That's a bummer!! Clementine juice, yummy...

"Breaking the Food Seduction" sounds like something i would like to read...

Anti-cancer soup... i like the sound of that and it sounds like it was really tasty, too.

MeloMeals said...

The soup looks great.. I'm going to check out the recipe.

Your juice looks awesome.. too bad about your strainer though.

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

Wow! the soup looks great! I've tried some Fuhrman recipes... some were yummy and some were...eh... scarey... This soup (I prefer your name as well) looks GREAT!

Bummer about the strainer. Must be a day to break kitchen utinsels.... we lost a wooden spoon to the garbage disposal (don't ask..) and broke the can opener - wahhhh!

aTxVegn said...

I like your soup much better than Dr. Fuhrman's.

I like to have chocolate everyday too....

Emmy said...

The Clementine Juice sounds really good. What a pain that your sieve handle broke. Things always seem to break at the most inopportune moments...just this week my office chair (which I've had for over 8 years) decided to give way...while I was sitting in it!