Friday, January 19, 2007

Amaaaaazing Brownies


These are the scrummiest brownies ever... I know the photos doesn’t make them look that great, but trust me, they are yum! I did ruin them slightly with my impatience...hence the reason they look a little rubbish, but they taste fantastic. I didn’t really keep them in the oven quite long enough and then I was in such a hurry to get them out the tin and try them that they fell apart on the way...
The recipe is from Vive Le Vegan! which is fast becoming my favourite cookbook. The other day when I made cupcakes they came out with a kind of strange flavor. Today just before I was about to add vanilla essence to my brownie batter I realised that I think this was what caused the problem with my cupcakes. It smelled kind of weird. I was afraid to use it as I was determined to have some super chocolately delicious treat today so I subbed some almond essence instead (only ½ tsp instead of 1tsp of vanilla essence as in the recipe). I also added 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts.
If you are having a bad day and need some cheering up, get your mixing bowl out and your oven on and make these and you will be happy! I promise :)

No comments: