Monday, January 15, 2007

Shiny Happy Cakes


These are Your Basic Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World. The cupcakes are really moist and I could happily eat them with no frosting...but to make them a little prettier I added (a little) frosting. While I think the photos in the book make the cupcakes look gorgeous with a ton of frosting towering atop I think I would find that much frosting super sickly sweet. So, I halved the recipe and spread a thin layer on each cake and to me that’s plenty. Maybe I’m just mean...
As I said these are really moist and the texture was spot on and they looked very good, but there was a bit of a funny taste to them. I think it's because of the amount of vanilla/almond essence in them. At the time of adding it I did think to myself that it seemed rather a lot (1.5 tsps in total) but followed the recipe none the less. Next time I think I would use about half and they would be lovely.

No comments: